s 75000 - 85000
q Dublin City Centre
Our client are a start-up biopharma company that has recently successfully completed an IPO. You will be the 2nd hire in finance and will report to the Group Finance Director.
We are looking for a qualified accountant with 5+ years practice and/or industry experience. You must have a background in IFRS, SOX compliance and reporting. Given the recent IPO, experience with preparing filings for the SEC is required.
The broad-based role requires someone with a high level of technical accounting experience.
- Maintaining general ledgers for the company and the overall accounting processes
- Managing financial close process
- Preparation and review of the half yearly consolidated Interim Report and Annual Report (20F) for the Group
- Work as a financial partner with the operations teams to budget, forecast and monitor costs and other R&D expenditure
- Preparing the overall budget and forecasts including variance analysis on a monthly basis
- Preparing reports for management/board of directors to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position
- Liquidity management in appropriate currencies
- Qualified accountant with 5+ years’ post qualification experience, with strong academic credentials operating at a similar level in industry, or practice
- Excellent IFRS financial accounting experience with a solid understanding of relevant technical accounting issues
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in researching and documenting new accounting guidance and the accounting treatment of issues
- Experience of a plc environment would also be desirable.