Direct Tax Manager UK
s 80,000 - 80,000
q United Kingdom
Location: United Kingdom
Compensation: €80k basic, pension, health care, bonus, income protection, life insurance, long service rewards and educational support.
Job type: Full-time permanent
The successful candidate will act as a manager within the UK and EMEA group tax team, providing support across all business areas regarding direct taxes. The primary responsibility will be for UK corporation tax compliance, reporting, and advisory, with the potential to later expand into EMEA compliance and advisory as the group grows. The ideal candidate will be coming from either a practice or industry environment and can be based anyway throughout Ireland.
- Oversee the UK corporation tax compliance process, including the review of all computations and returns, ensuring accurate and timely submission to HMRC.
- Calculate quarterly corporation tax payments to HMRC and ensure their timely settlement.
- Manage the preparation of the UK corporation tax provision for UK GAAP statutory accounts, fostering and enhancing relationships with the external tax audit team and internal statutory team.
- Prepare/review US GAAP quarterly reporting packs for the group’s US parent.
- Take charge of corporation tax balance sheet reconciliations within the ERP system.
- Engage in managing the tax team’s relationship with HMRC.
- Contribute to maintaining robust tax governance, ensuring compliance with SOX requirements.
- Participate in M&A due diligence projects for UK acquisitions, including reviewing data, preparing reports, and assisting legal counsel.
- Engage in tax advisory projects such as group restructuring and financing, handling ad hoc queries from the business.
- Participate in direct tax compliance and reporting for EMEA entities, involving US GAAP quarterly reporting and local tax submissions.
- CTA qualification or equivalent (2-3 years PQE)
- Strong understanding of tax accounting principles.
- Knowledge of EMEA tax (desired).
- Awareness of US GAAP (desired).
Due to the high volume of applications received, we regret that we are unable to respond to all applications. Only those suitable for this position will be contacted.