Chief Financial Officer
s 110000 - 115000
q South Dublin
r Benefits Package
Location: South Dublin
Compensation: €110 – 115k base plus benefits
This is a unique opportunity for an accomplished senior financial professional to become its new Chief Financial and Operating Officer (CFOO). Candidates must have experience managing complex financial operations in a large organisation, and ideally in the non-profit sector, particularly with international interests.
The Chief Financial and Operating Officer (CFOO) is responsible for all aspects of the financial operations for the organization. In addition, they have senior management responsibility for key business operations departments: IT Services, Logistics & Procurement, and Facilities.
- Provide insightful and trusted advice to the CEO and senior management team on both financial and finance related business issues.
- Serve as a key member of the senior management in providing input to management peers regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions.
- Provide leadership, direction, and management to the Finance Director, HQ finance team (23 people), roving financial controllers (5 people) and liaison with field accountants in fourteen countries.
- Oversee the preparation, analysis, and presentation of monthly financial reports on a timely basis and report financial results and issues to the CEO, Audit and Risk Committee and the Board.
- Provide technical finance and accounting leadership and inputs into general strategic and tactical issues impacting the business.
- Lead the development of annual budgets for the organisation, and new/proposed programs, including the preparation of budget revisions as needed.
- Oversee the management of the organisation’s treasury functions including banking activities, managing foreign exchange and cash flow.
- Serve as the agency’s primary liaison with its Statutory Auditor to ensure the annual audit is completed smoothly and in a timely manner and to ensure donor audits are managed professionally.
- Lead the development, implementation and continuous improvement of finance systems, initiatives and processes
- Monitor changes in legal, regulatory, and administrative environments and implement changes in procedures and needed to maintain compliance while maximizing operational and financial results.
- Accounting Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA) with minimum 10 years’ post qualification experience. MB / Masters desirable.
- Experience in a senior leadership role in an international organization preferred.
- Ideally experience in a NGO
- Proven experience of delivering transformational change to business strategy, processes, services and systems for complex organisations
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal, ability to summarise complex issues, and tailor communications to different audiences and cultures.
- Strong resource planning experience and demonstrated ability in strategic resource allocation
- A strong team leader who can motivate and mentor team members
- Comfortable working with virtual teams, dispersed geographically and able to travel globally as needed
For a full job spec, or a confidential discussion, contact Barry O’Leary