s 55,000 - 65,000
q South Dublin
Our client, a mid-sized practice in South Dublin, is looking for a Tax Manager to join their team. You will manage your own portfolio of corporate and private clients and work with more senior staff on complicated consultancy and advisory projects.
- Manage a portfolio of personal & corporate clients, many with complex tax affairs
- Deliver excellent client service by maintaining client relationships
- Day to day responsibility for meeting both client and compliance deadlines, monitoring time limits and elections
- Liaise proactively with clients on advisory matters
- Assisting Directors in tax planning projects such as non-domicile issues, onshore and offshore trusts (and other structures) and, capital gains and inheritance tax issues
- Manage Revenue enquiries and dealing with Revenue correspondence of both compliance and advisory nature
- Contribute at client meetings
- Responsible for billing and monitoring budgets
- Review compliance and basic advisory work prepared by more junior members of staff
- Assist with managing junior member of staff including helping them with technical and personal development
- Present at technical training sessions
- Support business development activities of the team
- Maintain technical knowledge
- Ensuring internal procedures are adhered to and responsible for some departmental administrative tasks
- Appraisals/monitor staff performance
- On the job training for junior staff on a one-to-one basis
- Dealing with staff questions
- Chartered Tax Advisor and/or Qualified Accountant.
- Experience gained within a professional services firm.
- Sound knowledge of private and corporate tax.
- Compliance and advisory experience.
- Demonstrable experience of managing people and clients