Senior Financial Accountant – Dublin 2
o Financial Services
q Dublin 2
Our client develops unit-linked life assurance products for sale through distribution channels throughout the European Community on a freedom of service basis. The products are tailor made in order to satisfy the policyholders needs.
They aim to work with intermediaries such as banks and broker organisations, authorised to distribute insurance products in their own country, compatible with the freedom of service framework.
They are currently looking to hire a Senior Financial Accountant.
- Producing and reviewing monthly, quarterly and annual accounting reports
- Analysing and reconciling detailed general ledger accounts
- Maintaining records of the company’s investments
- Assisting with the preparation of annual budgets and with financial planning
- Understanding and implementing financial accounting requirements under IFRS and for the Financial Regulator
- Working with the Company’s third party administrator, to ensure that the financial accounting goals are achieved
- Assisting the Company’s external auditors and Internal Auditor
- Assisting the Company’s tax advisor for the Corporation Tax computation
- Control of the TPA fund accounts
- At least 2 years accounting experience preferably in the life assurance area
- Knowledge of Solvency II preferable
- Solid general accounting and technical financial accounting skills and knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
- Strong end user computing skills, in particular MS Excel
- Attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team worker and able to work on own initiative
- Formal accounting qualification
- Knowledge of Italian preferable