Qualified Accountant – Financial Services
o Financial Services
s 55,000 - 60,000
q Dublin City Centre
Our client sets a “best in class” standard in the provision of corporate administration services to aircraft leasing and securitisation special purpose vehicles in Ireland. They are led by a team of highly skilled professionals drawn from accounting, audit, company secretarial, compliance, tax and legal fields. The team combines a depth of specialised experience with a focus on consistently delivering high quality results to clients at all time.
Our client is recruiting for a qualified accountant with experience in aircraft leasing and/or financial services to join thier rapidly expanding accounting team in Dublin.
- Preparation and posting of accounting journals for a varied portfolio of Irish incorporated securitisation and aircraft leasing SPVs, in line with transactional and statutory deadlines
- Accounting for lease rentals, lease payments, interest calculations, maintenance reserves and expenses for aircraft leasing transactions
- Beginning to end responsibility for the preparation of annual financial statements under IFRS or local GAAP including active involvement in both audit preparation and delivery
- Frequent set up of new clients through researching and understanding the transaction, designing the general ledger, assessing the applicable accounting treatment, booking the opening accounting entries and drafting the initial financial statements
- Liaising directly with the auditors, the legal advisors, the client and the SPV Directors to ensure successful completion of the financial statements.
- Completion of routine monthly and quarterly management accounts for a portfolio of SPVs
- Liaising with the tax advisors and others in relation to VAT and corporation tax compliance. Completion of VAT and CT returns and preparation of iXBRL tagged financial statements
- Preparation and filing of quarterly regulatory returns to Central Bank of Ireland on a timely basis
- Prepare and submit FATCA, EMIR and CRS returns
- In time, train and mentor less experienced members of the team on elements of the above workload
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, while actively contributing to process improvements within the accounting team and to a positive office environment
- Qualified ACA / ACCA accountant. We will consider a newly qualified accountant or an accountant with up to two years PQE, and we will build the role around them.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a relevant auditing/accounting role with a Top 10 accounting firm, or in an aviation leasing or financial services company
- Strong technical accounting knowledge is essential
- Experience at either performing an audit or preparing for and answering audit queries is essential
- Experience in a financial reporting role would be a significant advantage
- Proficiency in using MS Office suite of applications with Excel skills is essential
- The successful candidate should have a desire to work in a fast paced, client facing environment where delivery of a professional service to both clients and other counterparties is of key importance
- The successful candidate will be able to think on their feet, show attention to detail and resourcefulness, and have strong communication and organisational skills. An enthusiastic attitude and a willingness to learn will contribute to the success of the candidate