Pension Fund Accountant
o Financial Services
s 25,000 - 30,000
q South Dublin
Our client, a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company are looking for Pension Fund Accountant to join their growing Corporate Pensions Team. The role is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to advance their career as an accountant and who wishes to acquire new skills. Full training will be provided.
- Compiling and analysing relevant financial data to be used as a basis for the preparation of Trial balance for Pension Fund Accounts
- Case management of pension fund account audits end to end through the audit and trustee signoff process for schemes under your portfolio
- Management of successful research and resolution of fund accounts audit queries
- Communicating with all clients, administrators, fund managers and auditors in preparing and arranging for audits and dealing with all queries
- Report on the financial position of the scheme and the results of its operations to trustees and the Pensions Authority in accordance with generally accepted accounting practice, statute and client instructions.
- Adherence to internal controls within the Fund Accounts department
- MIS and reporting on audit management
- Meeting agreed service standards and adherence to internal procedures so as to provide a consistent and proactive client service to the highest standards.
- Ensuring that we comply with all Pension Act and the Central Bank of Ireland compliance requirements
- Participate in training programmes
- Cash management for a MiFID regulated conglomerate Bank account
- Daily bank account reconciliation
- Act as a contact on day to day queries relating to the client asset account
- Assisting in the billing process
- Educated to degree level or equivalent standard
- Undertaking Accounting qualifications or looking to commence same.
- Flexible approach to the job as required and provides support in helping to meet deadlines or take on additional responsibilities.
- Good interpersonal skills, works and interacts well with people from various levels of the business i.e.
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Sun system accounting packs age would be an advantage