Part-Qualified Finance Assistant – Dublin City Centre
s 35,000 - 38,000
q Dublin City Centre
Our client, a hospitality company based in Dublin City Centre, are seeking a part-qualified Finance Assistant for a permanent position.
This position, based in the Dublin HQ, will report directly into the Financial Controller and ideal candidates will have at least 4 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Manage the banking function for the Group from processing bank transactions to reconciliations and contributing to cash flow planning and weekly payment runs
- Download and process bank transactions for multiple bank accounts, in multiple currencies for five group companies to our accounts system
- Record bank receipts onto two booking systems for three group companies and complete detailed multicurrency reconciliation of booking systems to debtors and bank accounts for each month end
- Complete standard bank reconciliations for bank accounts and credit card accounts for all companies throughout the month
- Weekly cash flow – report on expected receipts from Realex and incoming direct debits and contribute to weekly cash flow payment runs.
- Update booking systems for exchange rates daily
- Support the Accounts Payable function, from checking and processing large volumes of supplier invoices, to assisting creditors’ reconciliations and weekly payment runs
- We are an ‘all hands on deck’ team, so we all help out with other functions in the Finance team as required, including taking overflow telephone calls, processing payments from clients and any other tasks that assist the smooth running of the Finance team and office in general
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role including Banking and Accounts Payable, so you know what to expect from a busy Finance department
- Ability to apply a high attention to detail when checking and processing high volumes of transactions in multiple systems
- Strong data entry skills with very high level of accuracy
- A positive, can-do attitude with a willingness to learn and take on responsibility
- Ability to pick up new skills quickly from “on the job” training and experience
- Ability to take direction, to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is essential (and Google Docs is desirable)
- Fluent English