Upload CV

Internal Audit Manager – Tech – South Dublin

o Industry

s Negotiable

q South Dublin

p Permanent

r 1982

Our client is a fast-growing and highly acquisitive tech company, based in Dublin. They are a great company to work for and this is an opportunity to join a company at the early stages of expansion. You will join, set up and run the internal audit function. This will give you huge exposure at a high level in the company. There will be plenty of opportunity to progress into other areas in the company.  The role will involve 70% travel to operations, predominately in major European cities. You can work from home the remaining 30%, so you can be based anywhere near a major airport.

Responsibilities

  • Develop and agree internal audit plan ensuring that the audit assignments assess key financial, operational and risk management controls across the Group’s Divisions
  • Communicate effectively with senior line management by positively conveying the role and value of internal audit
  • Implement the audit plan on a priority basis ensuring that the agreed audit coverage is achieved while reacting to emerging or changing risk
  • Co-ordinate & deliver quality audit reports containing recommendations which have been agreed with management ensuring that the recommendations are realistic and achievable and cost effective and add value to the business
  • Build positive working relationships with Head Office and Divisional management teams to ensure mutual understanding of the role of internal audit and work with them on business process and internal control improvements
  • Report audit findings to the Audit and Risk Committee in an appropriate manner and within defined time scales
  • Keep abreast of key developments within the Divisions and the general business environment ensuring that the audit programme reflects emerging risks
  • Recruit, develop and motivate internal audit staff to ensure that they complete successful assignments allocated to them and support their professional development and ensure succession plans are in place
  • Communicate with key external parties such as auditors and relevant agencies
  • Conduct ad hoc projects and special investigations as deemed appropriate by the Audit Committee
  • Facilitate the Audit Committee in regard to its annual report obligations and Directors’ Compliance Statement
  • Add value to the Group and its Divisions through continued process improvement

Requirements

  • The ideal candidate will be a qualified ACA or equivalent
  • Ideally Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) or ACL Certified Data Analyst (ACDA) desirable
  • While not a prerequisite, professional proficiency in a second language is desirable, particularly French and/or Italian

EXPERIENCE:   

  • An experienced Internal Audit leader in an international group
  • Has operated in a plc environment for a number of years
  • Proven ability to add value through business process improvements
  • Has the gravitas and the ability to build respect for the Internal Audit function
  • Has the ability to build and lead a team
  • Knowledgeable and experienced in the highest professional standards as dictated by the International Standards for the professional practice of Internal Auditing and the Institute of Internal Auditors
  • Has the ability to strike an appropriate balance between independence and common sense
  • Risk based approach
  • Has the vision and management capability to develop the Group’s Internal Audit strategy through influencing, advising and developing the appropriate structures, processes and procedures
  • Knowledge of Netsuite ERP system desirable but not an absolute requirement
  • Familiarity with computer aided audit techniques
  • Flexible approach recognising the Group is constantly evolving e.g.  M&A
  • Excellent communication skills both written and oral
  • Able to work to deadlines

Apply to Barry

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.