Head of Internal Audit – 25% travel
q Dublin City Centre
Our client are a high-profile private company working in an interesting industry. They are looking for a candidate to provide an internal audit service to the Company’s Audit and Risk Committee, covering the Company’s principal business activities and risks and which adheres to international internal audit best practices. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to step up into a Head of IA position.
- To complete independent and objective reviews of the Company’s internal control environment and risk management structures
- To formally report matters identified, along with constructive remedial recommendations, to both the Audit & Risk Committee and Executive Management
- To advise and assist management with the implementation of best practices and control improvements where relevant
- To prepare and execute an Internal Audit plan that ensures proper review of the Company’s key business activities and risk areas
- To ensure that all audit workpapers and documentation are completed in full to the highest internal audit professional standards and that all audit findings and opinions are supported by complete documentary evidence
- To properly manage the department’s budget and expenditure
- To maintain a strong working relationship with management and staff throughout the Company consistent with the position held.
- 3-5 years’ experience within an Internal Audit or Risk Management
- An Audit or Finance qualification appropriate to the
- Analytic and report writing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and
- Ability to plan and manage priorities and meet
- Willingness to travel – c. 25%