Group Financial Accountant
q North Dublin
Our client, a leading PLC, is recruiting for a Financial Accountant to join the Group Head Office Financial Accounting team. This is a key role where the successful candidate will develop their corporate accounting experience in a well-established and dynamic team.
This is an initial 6 month contract and will suit a qualified accountant with 0-3 years PQE. Industry exposure will be a plus.
As Financial Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Producing monthly management accounts for multiple entities in line with group reporting deadlines, working closely with the Treasury, FP&A and Consolidation teams.
- Produce quarterly forecasts and budgets in line with group reporting deadlines
- Monitor the established internal financial control environment to ensure that current standards are maintained or improved
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliation and support files for audit, fielding auditor queries to ensure that the audit is successfully completed
- Preparation of tax packs for annual tax returns and dealing with any related queries from tax team
- Preparation of statutory accounts for multiple head office companies
- Look for opportunities to improve efficiency in day to day processes and assist in driving process improvement initiatives across the team
- Assist in coaching and developing more junior members of the team
- Provide support to Team Supervisor and other finance team on ad hoc projects and queries
- Professional Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with post qualification experience in a corporate team
- Technically strong and good attention to detail
- Team player and can do attitude
- Ability to work autonomously, under pressure and to tight deadlines managing multiple priorities
- Leadership presence and strong communication skills
- Tenacity and determination to ensure goals are achieved
- Advanced/intermediate excel skills required