Financial and Project Accountant
q Dublin North
A leading Retail/FMCG company based in North Dublin are looking to hire a newly qualified financial accountant with c. 1 years’ industry experience to join their team. The role offers excellent salary, benefits and career progression.
- Preparation of monthly consolidated accounts for various business units for review with the Retail FC and FD, prior to submission to group finance
- Preparation of summary analysis on variances to budgets and forecasts for each particular cost centre for investigation and resolution
- Review of the consolidated accounts with Group Finance
- Preparation and collation of other weekly and monthly KPI data as required
- Preparation of various balance sheet reconciliations each month for review with the Retail Financial Controller
- Preparation of the monthly management pack for review and analysis by the Retail Senior Leadership team
- Ongoing management of Retails Capital Expenditure versus budget and forecasts. To include tracking & approval of spends and regular review with Retail FC and FD.
- Development and monitoring of appropriate controls to ensure the approval process is clear and adhered to by the business, risk of overspends are managed and clear communication of procedures and controls to the various divisions of the business
- Financial Projects – act as the lead on the various financial projects that come up within the business. Work closely with the Financial Controller to deliver these projects on time and accurately to the business for review and approval. .
- Development of a risk management portfolio for the business for regular review with senior leadership. Put in place plans to deal with the risks the business faces, working to ensure they are minimised as much as possible.
- Preparation of budgets for various cost centres at year end ensuring the accuracy and integrity of budgets and income at all times
- Assistance with the year-end financial audit
- Backfill the Commercial weekly accounts where required
- Qualified accountant + 1 years’ post qualification experience within industry
- Training in a large/medium audit practice environment preferential but not essential
- Previous experience in a FMCG sector, would be an advantage
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to manage time and perform to strict deadlines
- Have a high level of personal integrity
- Possess the ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels
- Team work abilities are a must
- Advanced IT skills required (Advanced Excel Skills Essential)