Financial Internal Audit Manager – Kingspan PLC
Kingspan Group Plc has retained Accountancy Professionals as the exclusive recruitment partner for the Internal Audit team.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant from the Big 4 with PLC experience and a love of travel. The successful candidate will get to work from home when not travelling and can expect to visit countries like Dubai, Australia and the US, as well as locations closer to home, throughout the year. Travel is limited to 3 days a week.
- Assist the Group Head of Internal Audit in the development of the annual and 3-years internal audit plan ensuring that the audit assignments assess key financial, operational and risk management controls across the Group’s Divisions
- Plans and reports on audits / reviews assigned by the Group Head of Internal Audit. Execution of audits is expected in the first 6 months from appointment
- Review work papers of other team members as assigned by the Group Head of Internal Audit
- Interprets policy and procedures and applies professional accounting, IT and auditing principles and standards to test and evaluate financial, IT, operational and risk management controls
- Develops recommendations which have been agreed with management ensuring that the recommendations are realistic and achievable and cost effective and add value to the business
- Communicate effectively with senior line management by positively conveying the role and value of internal audit
- Keep abreast of key developments within the Divisions and the general business environment ensuring that the audit programme reflects emerging risks
- Build positive working relationships with Head Office and Divisional management teams to ensure mutual understanding of the role of internal audit and work with them on business process and internal control improvements
- Performs other duties as assigned including ad hoc projects and special investigations as deemed appropriate by the Audit Committee.
- Assist the Group Head of Internal Audit in the recruitment, development and motivation of internal audit staff to ensure that they complete successfully assignments allocated to them
- ACA qualified or equivalent
- Ideally also qualified as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) or ACL Certified Data Analyst (ACDA) desirable
- An experienced Audit professional who has operated in a Big 4 / Internal Audit in a plc environment for a minimum of 8 years
- Risk based approach
- Familiarity with computer aided audit techniques
- Familiarity with IT General Controls auditing
- Able to influence and engage people at all levels across the Group
- Credible, flexible, personable and team oriented
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Sound business judgement and an ability to be decisive
- Clarity of thought with the ability to analyst complex business situations