Financial Controller – West Dublin
s 60,000 - 70,000
q Dublin West
Our client is a c. €6m turnover company, based in West Dublin. This is a super opportunity for an ambitious Financial Controller with a strong technical, financial and management accounting background to head the finance function under the direction of the Managing Director. Working within a highly dynamic and creative business environment, this role is a key appointment for the business and offers the right candidate a wonderful opportunity to join an exciting high growth company.
The company have been profitable each of the past 8 years. You will form part of a senior management team of 5 and have one direct report in finance. There are currently 22 employees.
- Management of the finance function on a day to day basis
- Stock control and order management
- Overall responsibility for the preparation of the monthly management reporting pack, including analysis and commentary of performance
- Support to the Finance Assistant, encouraging professional development at all times
- Working capital management and cashflow preparation
- Ensure returns for Corporation tax, VAT and other relevant taxes are submitted, payments made on time and all relevant regulations are complied with
- Budgeting & forecasting, partnering with business managers
- Oversee the timely production of monthly project reports for internal and client purposes
- Ensure Heads of Department are supported to undertake budget monitoring as part of the financial control framework
- Ensure that appropriate systems and internal controls are maintained, identifying improvements to systems, practices and procedures
- Oversee the year end audit, including the preparation of statutory accounts
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders, to include Auditors, Revenue Commissioners, banks etc
- Support the Managing Director on an ad hoc basis, delivering strategic financial solutions
- Qualified Accountant with 5 + years PQE, ideally within a manufacturing / stock based company
- Navision, Sage Payroll would be an advantage
- Excel experience required, including pivot tables
- Experience of working in a ‘hands-on’ environment
- Good strategic thinker, with strong negotiation and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritise and multi task