Financial Controller – Ballydoyle Racing
Ballydoyle Racing Stable, acknowledged by many racing experts to be the finest training establishment in the world, has retained Accountancy Professionals to recruit for a Financial Controller.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to get commercially involved in an incredibly dynamic environment and oversee a team of five. The ideal profile will be a Big 4 ACA with 2-4 years PQE in industry.
- Overseeing all aspects of the finance and administration function including payroll & HR, accounts payable, accounts receivable etc
- Ensure all necessary controls are being followed to safeguard the assets of the company.
- Annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Weekly KPI reporting
- Review of year-end financial accounts and quarterly management accounts including analysing and investigating variances
- Work closely with all external parties on audit, insurance, revenue and banking etc.
- Ongoing review and control of expenditure
- Continuous improvement of financial reporting processes
- Oversee capital projects
- Other ah hoc projects and duties as required
- Qualified Accountant with experience in a commercial/services environment.
- Commercial/entrepreneurial decision making aptitude and an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate confidently with senior management and external parties.
- Ability to work well under pressure, using your own initiative and be flexible.
- Strong HR knowledge and experience
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with financial accounting and reporting systems