Financial Accountant – Reinsurance – North Dublin
o Financial Services
s 50,000 - 60,000
q Dublin 9
A leading reinsurance company based in North Dublin are seeking a Qualified Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
This role will have responsibility for supporting the group controller in maintaining and preparing accurate ledgers and providing analysis and management information to various stakeholders.
Prior experience in the Insurance/Reinsurance sector a distinct advantage.
- Preparation of monthly / quarterly financials for multiple syndicates including posting journals using Agresso (GL Package)
- Preparation and review of key balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly / quarterly basis
- Support the preparation of regulatory returns for Lloyd’s / CBI (Central Bank of Ireland) or relevant regulators and tax authorities and presentation of same to management
- Preparation and review of UK GAAP statutory accounts for multiple syndicates and Local GAAP branch accounts
- Liaise with Group reporting manager to facilitate consolidation of the syndicate into the parent company (including calculation of any relevant IFRS adjustments)
- Analytical review of syndicate financial information including close liaison with the management reporting team
- Production of note disclosures for group reporting
- Liaise with underwriters, actuaries, auditors, senior management and/or 3rd parties as appropriate
- Ad Hoc reporting including co-ordination and collection of information to prepare internal reports
- Support Finance Manager with Ad-Hoc requests and projects as necessary
- Qualified accountant
- University degree in finance/ business/ accounting preferred
- Computer skills – Excel/MS Office
- Knowledge of insurance company accounting is preferred