o Financial Services
s 65,000 - 75,000
q Dublin 2
Our client, one of the world’s largest reinsurance groups, is currently looking for a Financial Accountant to join their team.
The Financial Accountant will have overall responsibility for the high quality & timely delivery of Group, local & statutory reporting requirements. Working closely with the Financial Controller and CFO the successful candidate will play a fundamental role in the delivery of the quarterly financial reporting and planning processes and will be responsible for coordinating the process in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) requirements.
The candidate will take ownership of producing financial analysis for a diverse set of stakeholders including senior management, Group and the Board of Directors. The role will require interaction and collaboration with individuals across the wider Finance team & across departments, as well as with senior management and directors.
The successful candidate will have leadership potential with a focus on developing a long term career as a member of the team.
- Responsible for the co-ordination and review of the quarterly financial statements and internal management process, including forecasting and planning
- Involvement in efficiency initiatives to improve the workflow within the department and the company
- Key liaison with internal & external audit providers
- Manage and contribute to the production of the Company’s Solvency II reports and annual statutory financial statements on an IFRS basis
- Communicate with the Investment Manager and take responsibility for monitoring & reporting of investment portfolio
- Monitor the Company’s hedging program including production of hedge accounting documentation as required under IFRS
- Coordination and preparation of the Company’s tax returns
- Evaluate & improve processes and procedures within the scope of the role as required
- A qualified accountant with experience in the Financial Services industry, preferably within the Insurance or Capital Markets industries
- Experience of closing accounts and producing financial statements is essential
- Knowledge of computerised accounting packages (SAP) and multicurrency accounting
- Experience of working with US GAAP and/or IFRS an advantage
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate key messages at various levels
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task