Commercial Financial Accountant
s 55,000 - 60,000
Our client is a highly profitable subsidiary of a multibillion euro Irish Plc. To provide support to the business, the company is now recruiting for a Financial Accountant to report to the Plc Finance Director. This is the senior finance position within the subsidiary company and oversees a team of 3 junior accounts staff.
This is an unparalleled opportunity for an ambitious accountant to develop their career in a highly commercial, fast-growing business.
- Working closely with the Managing Director and the Finance Director to plan, develop and implement business strategies which will grow the profitability of the business
- Ownership and responsibility for developing operating budgets and delivery of cost effectiveness initiatives
- Driving profitability through sound commercial decision making and making a strong commercial and operational contribution to the business
- Ensuring full integrity of all information reported for the business
- Responsibility for the provision of accurate and timely accounting/reporting and planning information, ensuring adherence to relevant internal and external accounting standards
- Managing cash flow and working capital initiatives in particular focused on the review and monitoring of stocks and debtors
- Responsibility for the preparation of monthly actual results within defined timelines
- Managing accounts payable and accounts receivable processes within (management of 3 staff)
- A recognised accountancy qualification with an excellent academic record
- Strong IT skills including proficiency in Excel. Previous exposure to SAP and/or Sage would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills. Previous experience in managing teams would be an advantage
- Passion and commitment with high personal integrity and a practical, pragmatic and hardworking presence with the flexibility and mobility required for the role