CFO – West of Ireland
q West of Ireland
Our client is a respected manufacturing company, based in the West of Ireland. Due to continued success, they are now looking to bring in a CFO. You will form part of a small and dynamic management team and add value to a growing business. You will work very closely with the CEO. You will likely come from a manufacturing company and have a track record of adding commercial value to companies you have worked with.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide commercial and strategic support to the management team and will work closely with the CEO in the on-going development of the business. Duties will include:
- Oversee the finance function, including management and development of the finance team
- Attendance and presentation of financial and operational information to management team
- Overseeing treasury, cash & debtor management
- On-going review of company overheads
- Providing strategic input into the future direction of the business
- Developing commercial, financial and tax strategies for the organisation
- Managing external relationships with key advisors (Auditors, legal and taxation)
- Take ownership for budgeting, planning and forecasting processes
- Involved in on-going implementing of operational best practices
- Provide support for pricing and contract negotiation decisions
- Risk management: Understand, monitor and mitigate the key risk areas within the business
Applicants should be a qualified accountant with significant PQE in business. You will have a track record of supporting a business commercially and strategically. You will work alongside the CEO. Experience working within the manufacturing sector would be a distinct advantage. Excellent people and leadership skills are necessary as the successful candidate with interact with senior management, staff and external customers, suppliers and advisors.