CFO – Tech Start-Up – Dublin City Centre
q Dublin City Centre
Our client is an ambitious high-growth software company that helps businesses across the globe. They are expanding their team in Dublin and looking for a driven team-player who wants to directly contribute to the culture and success.
They are looking for a CFO with a hands-on and scale-up mentality and a desire to create and maintain the absolute best.
Who you are:
You will have experience as CFO / Head of Finance in a global organisation or public company, having worked with investors and represented the company to BOD and investors. Having worked at an executive level you will have experience building a CFO function from scratch in a rapid growth, minimum €10 million t/o company.
- Report to the Founder and Chief Executive Officer serving as the independent, objective voice of the executive management team for our global organization
- Balance the core tasks of the finance function (cost management, risk management, cash flow, controls and business intelligence), owning the legal and compliance functions of the business and playing a central role in global strategy formulation
- Build and shape a global finance function that is future proofed for the rapid, global expansion of the business and one that that has the ability to withstand the public markets
- Be a key partner in the development of the corporate strategy with high growth international plans
- Identify commercial, financial and economic risks from international business propositions
- Establish profitability of business propositions
- Assess drivers of profitability
- Forecast future performance based on knowledge of past performance
- Develop strategic plans to achieve corporate goals
Understand the key value drivers
- Come from a high-performance organization (ideally Tech) and must therefore, possess a strong work ethic and a 100% hands-on approach to business
- As this role is about building a function during a time of scale, the ability to thrive and deliver success with a small team, with the ability to change gears as the business grows and scales, to then ultimately operate successfully within larger teams/structures, with the potential to be in the public markets
- Participated in private and public fundraisings and corporate initiatives including VC fundraisings
- Taken a company public or has the knowledge and skillset to do so
- A strong sense of teamwork with the ability to foster relationships
- Proactive, solutions-oriented; capability to identify efficiencies and decrease costs while maintaining a quality workplace environment and offering
- Breadth of perspective across the performance of the whole company and a depth of perspective into where value is created