Accounts Assistant Manager
s 45,000 - 50,000 (£40-45K)
q Isle of Man
Our client is a firm of Chartered Accountants regulated by the ICAEW and a trust and company service provider licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Supervision Commission.
They provide a broad range of accountancy services including audit and assurance, taxation and compliance services, trustee and executor services as well as voluntary and court appointed liquidations.
This role is for an Assistant Manager (AM) to join our client’s busy general accountancy practice and corporate service provider.
- The successful candidate will work on a small team of between 3 and 5 people and will report directly to a Manager and/or a Partner. It is anticipated that following successful completion of a probation period, the AM would be assigned their own portfolio of clients and given external training in management and leadership skills
- An AM is responsible for overseeing all matters relating to clients that are assigned to them. This will include a variety of engagements from both our general accountancy practice and corporate service provider. This will include the preparation and audit of accounts and schedules, and the preparation of financial statements. This role involves administration of companies which will vary greatly between clients. Preparation and checking of taxation and VAT returns and assessments will also form part of this role and the AM is expected to ensure returns are dealt with and filed in a timely manner
- Communication between the AM, the Manager and the Partner is key so the AM is expected to ensure they are kept aware and consulted on all pertinent client matters
- The AM will review work, and will organise and co-ordinate the assignment of work for junior staff. This will include assisting, supervising and training junior members of the team. The AM will also be involved in conducting appraisals, training sessions and attending management meetings
- Each AM is responsible for ensuring that their clients adhere to the firms’ compliance procedures and so they can expect to liaise with the Compliance team to ensure appropriate due diligence and know your client forms are held
- The AM is required to represent our client in a managerial capacity and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times
- This position gives an excellent opportunity to grow with an expanding firm and advance their career
- Newly qualified ACA or ACCA
- An excellent communicator with strong organisational skills who is able to lead more junior members of staff. Discretion, diplomacy and a confident approach are a must
- Looking for a broad experience covering all aspects of general accountancy and the provision of corporate services
- Experienced in audit. Whilst this is not an exclusively audit role and will cover all aspects of general practice and TCSP work, prior audit experience is preferred