Accountant – Start Up
q Dublin City Centre
Our client, an exciting tech start-up entering its growth phase, is recruiting for a Company Accountant. The successful candidate will be based in their new City Centre offices and will undertake a broad financial role, supporting the senior management team and working in an extremely innovative environment. This is a massive opportunity for the right candidate to get in at the ground floor of a very exciting, progressive company.
- You will join the team as Accountant, helping the organisation grow and serve its customers.
- You will be in charge of keeping all our accounts in good standing and helping our management team in elaborating sound and efficient growth strategies.
- You’ll be responsible for verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling all day-to-day financial transactions (accounts payable/receivable, payroll and intercompany transactions) and complete the posting process.
- You’ll be in control of company’s expenses and payroll.
- You’ll support the management team in business planning and forecasting activities.
- You’ll work with company’s advisors and consultants to meet all our fiscal and legal deadlines (VAT returns, annual returns, employment duties, etc.).
- Driving continuous improvement, standardization and reengineering of processes and controls and implementation of International &/or Global best practices
- Perform monthly analytics for each subsidiary and present to senior management
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other financial-related matters.
- Ideally a professional accountancy qualification
- Minimum 3 year experience in supporting growth-stage technology companies.
- Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of European and US tax regulation
- A very good spoken and written English.
- Hands-on experience with Xero or other cloud accounting software
- Proficiency in MS Office, with special regard to MS Excel.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Familiarity with tax regulations in Ireland, UK or Italy
- Familiarity with eCommerce channels like Amazon or Shopify
- Knowledge of written and spoken Italian